Pages

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Miracles

Today we got a Christmas card from Gayle's cousin Craig Horton and his wife Kris. On the short note was Kris's blog address. That is an invitation to view, right? And so I did. I am new to the world of blogging...not even comfortable with that "b" word. But journals I am at home with and enjoy writing. I don't like scrapbooking, but do enjoy photography immensely. So I am just feeling my way trying to decide if this blog is something I want to do. Which leads me to Kris's "Journal." I almost feel like I am reading something I shouldn't be reading. Afterall, I would not pick up a journal and start reading someone's private entries. That aside, Thank-you, Kris, for the invitation. I got caught up on your family's lives, and enjoyed reading your delightful entries. I like your style.



So, I have to tell you of my miracle that happened in early December. We attended Sacrament Meeting in the 17th Ward one Sunday. Not our own ward, but one that meets at 9 a.m. I had to work that day as there was a concert at The Fox and needed to leave after Sacrament Mtg. I was wearing my coat and a new winter scarf that my friend Anne Franke had made and given to me just a few days before. I got warm, sitting in Sacrament Mtg. and took my scarf off and laid it on the pew beside me. After the meeting, we got up to leave, and the scarf remained on the bench. I didn't remember it until I was halfway downtown, and could not return to get it. I was just sick. I felt badly because it was a gift from a friend, who had taken the time to make it for me, and I had been irresponsible. Right then I said a prayer to Heavenly Father, that the scarf would be safe and I'd be able to find it. Perhaps it would be taken to the library where they have a place for "lost and found" items, or maybe someone would hang it up on a hanger in the cloak room. I felt at peace, and didn't worry anymore. It was in the Lord's hands. On my way home, I didn't think about the scarf until I drove up to our house. "I should go to the Church and see if I can find my scarf," I thought, but I was in my driveway and hungry so continued toward the house. I opened the outer door, and discovered my scarf hanging on the doorknob inside! To this day I do not know who brought it home to me, only that I was blessed by an Angel. My prayer had been answered. I know that our Heavenly Father and His son Jesus Christ are mindful of us and our individual circumstances and we are loved. I am very grateful.

No comments:

Rejoice! - A New Day