Pages

Friday, January 9, 2009


Last Saturday the temperature outside was -6 degrees when we left our house to go to the Spokane Temple, a 25 minute drive from us. The ABS Warning light came on, and Gayle continued to drive. Getting nervous, (I thought I smelled something burning) I suggested we go back home. He turned around and we started back. A short time later, the light went out, so he turned around and we drove to the temple. When he got out of the van, I heard "OH NO!" I got out, and we could not believe what we saw: We had no tire - it had disintegrated!! We had not even noticed with all the bumps because of the ice and snow. Later, when we took the tire rim and what was left of the tire to Alton's, the technician said that the rim looks fine to him to use on the new tire. (Can you believe it had no damage to it? I say God's tender mercies were with us again.)

2 comments:

Adam & Brandi said...

WOW Nancy! That is so crazy. That tells everyone how bad and bumpy the roads are here in Spokane with all this snow we have recieved. That is an amazing story. Thanks for sharing.

Sarah Bryan said...

Good thing you were headed to the Temple! I hear blessings are easier to come by when you're actively engaged in things like that!

Rejoice! - A New Day