Pages

Thursday, January 29, 2009

A Very Busy Week

So many times I live my life, day in and day out, and then look back, and it all seems like a blur; later wondering, "What did I do with my time?" This past week was a good one with almost every minute in my day planned out. Here are some highlights:

Thursday 1/22/09 - I had my Annual Review with Brenda, my boss, the Exec. Dir. for the Martin Woldson Theater at The Fox, after filling out an indepth questionaire about accomplishments from this past year and goals for this next. It was very positive. I am very fortunate to have the opportunity to work with such a fine woman, full of integrity and professionalism. Here is a picture that I took of the theater last May.




After dinner, Anne Koepsell, my visiting teacher and long-time friend, took me out to dinner since Gayle was sleeping (he had to work his usual graveyard shift that night). We enjoyed Mexican food at the Golf Course Restaurant in Liberty Lake, and afterward I went home and talked to almost all my children, just what I wanted to do, of course!

Friday 1/23/09: Today was the kick-off for Spokane's 5 week Lincoln Festival which will include music, drama, dance, and visual arts, presented by the Fox and Spokane Symphony, celebrating Abraham Lincoln's 200th birthday. These events, which are sanctioned by the Abraham Lincoln Bicentennial Commision on the National Level, will culminate with a symphonic work called "Letters of Lincoln" by Michael Daugherty, commisioned by the Spokane Symphony. Thomas Hampson, internationally acclaimed baritone, will perform this world premiere on Feb. 28 and Mar 1 with the Spokane Symphony. I was fortunate enough to leave work for an hour today and photograph this kick-off which started at the Lincoln Memorial Statue in Spokane. West Side High School Band performed, then lead the procession to City Hall where we heard Students creatively recite the Gettysburg Address. Afterward, we viewed a few displays by local artists on Lincoln.


When I got home from work, Gayle had dinner ready, the table set, and served delicious spaghetti! Ah, comfort food. I had about a half hour to eat, then left to pick up a friend I visit teach, and we went to the cannery. It felt good to be there with other ward members all working together at such a fast pace. Much was accomplished in an hour, and I came home with 2 cases of dehydrated stuff and wheat.

Saturday 1/24/09: Early this morning we went to the Spokane Temple to enjoy the peace and joy that can only be found in such a holy place. This was our 4th Saturday in a row to attend an endowment session.


Afterward, Gayle and I cleaned the house, did the laundry, went out to eat for my birthday at that same Mexican Restaurant (my choice), then helped a sister in our ward with her family history. Or rather, Gayle did. I sat nearby on the couch and dozed off. It was nice spending the day with Gayle.


Sunday, Jan. 25, 2009: Today we went to Church at 1 to 4 p.m. This late meeting schedule is not our favorite time to go to Church, but oh well. Afterward, we went home teaching and visited with Sis. Perrenoud, then fixed a salad, ate, and Gayle went to bed. I had 13 phone calls to make to some sisters in our ward about Visiting Teaching, and took my entire evening.


Monday, Jan. 26, 2009: My sister Sherie and I had lunch today at Red Robin and I enjoyed my favorite onion soup! I will miss Sherie when she and her family move to Australia in April! Sherie started exercizing after 5 years of NOT when her husband promised a trip to Mexico if she earned enough exercize points to earn the trip. Well, the trip to Mexico is off now, but she is still exercizing, and I am PROUD of her!


Monday night I went to Spokane Valley Camera Club, to which I am a member, and listened to a fine fellow photographer present his workshop on photographing Wildlife. His presentation was good, and the images he showed were astonishing. Here is one of my images I took at Wolf Bay in January 2008.





Tuesday, Jan. 27, 2009: Today three of our employees were out and the volume of work was too much for Donna and I to handle! I went home feeling exhausted, but tried to keep a positive attitude. I had told my dear friend Tamy that I would make some rolls for our Annual Board Dinner at her house and I did not want to back out on my commitment. I got the rolls made, but found myself in bed the next morning only half undressed with the lights in the house all on!


Wednesday, Jan. 28, 2009: Tonight was our 3rd annual Relief Society dinner at Tamy Wilkinson's house. I have had the priveledge of serving as Education Counselor with Tamy since June 25, 2006. Tamy is an excellent President and a dear friend. I love the way she makes everyone feel so important. She loves everyone she meets unconditionally, and never judges anyone. Her husband Karl is a great cook, and he again decided on a menu, cooked, and served us. They are very generous people, and I am blessed to have such good friends.














1 comment:

Adam & Brandi said...

Wow that is a fun week! And we had FUN last night didn't we? I always have a ball at Tamy's house. I also get the great priviledge of being her visiting teacher so I get to be in that lovely enviroment once a month! Lucky me! But Nancy you are a lot like her too. You are very kind and loving and you ALWAYS have a big beautiful smile on your face. So thank you. And I am so happy that you had a wonderful week!

Rejoice! - A New Day