Pages

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Judges

"Solitude"

Monday night I left Camera Club feeling disappointed - ok, pretty upset, that my images submitted for Print Judging did not receive any merit. I took two images I really love and hoped that the judge would love them like I do, and would say wonderful things. Ha! Not so. This judge, looking at "Solitude," said, "I don't know what you want me to look at in this picture. It looks like a picture that simply documents that you were there." What? He can't see the bench that bids you to imagine yourself sitting there, in solitude, perhaps contemplating whatever is on your mind or feeling the peace that comes from a quiet place with a gentle wind, the only sound an occasional songbird? Ok...This is what I see and imagine...The words to Janice Kapp Perry's "Strength Sufficient for the Day:"

"Evening shadows softly fall, Peace and Calm lie over all.
Nature's beauty seems to say Heaven is not far away.
God has sent once more today Strength sufficient for the day."

So when I look at this image, this is what I think of. And the moral of the story is, so to speak, be careful who you put your trust in. The judge clearly did not have the same perspective that I have and so he cannot see that which I can.

"And also trust no one to be your teacher..., except he be a man of God, walking in his ways and keeping his commandments."
"Therefore, lift up your heads, and rejoice, and put your trust in God."
Mosiah 23:14, and 7:19

No comments:

Rejoice! - A New Day