Pages

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Surprise on the Centennial





Have you ever wanted to photograh something, but never been at the right place or the right time to do it? I have always been intrigued with Canadian geese - the way they fly in formation, The "honking" sound as they fly above, their wings so beautiful. I have always wanted to photograph them, and my results of earlier attempts were pitiful. Yesterday I was at the right time at the right place. I decided to get some exercise and sun (after about 6 weeks of fog) by taking a walk on the Centennial Trail, which parallels the Spokane River. I walked about a half hour from the trailhead, and then heard that familiar honking sound, very loud. I left the trail and walked down to the river in the direction of the noise, and found many geese, probably hundreds. I watched them for a little while and was intrigued. They were in groups and each would loudly announce their departure by honking, and then took off in flight. After all this time, finally, to witness this was very special and I got a few good images. And all I wanted on this walk, was just a little something to brighten my day. My prayer was heard, and I got a whole lot more.




No comments:

Rejoice! - A New Day