Pages

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Sister's Reunion

     It's 5 a.m. and I can't sleep. I keep thinking about the wonderful time I spent with my daughters last week. I want to relish every minute.
     It all started months ago when I told Jennie that Sarah McLachlan was going to perform in Martin Woldson Theater at The Fox on Thursday, February 3, 2011. She got SO excited! I was surprised as I had no idea that she liked this artist that much! I said, "Well, do you want to come home for the concert? If you come home I'll buy the concert ticket for you." Within the hour, literally, she had Heather and Lisa on board with her, and I reserved four tickets for us.
     Heather, and Jennie and Piper flew in on separate planes but arrived within 20 minutes of one another on Wednesday, and Lisa arrived on Thursday. I took Wednesday afternoon and Friday off. Thursday I had to work to prepare for the concert, and they drove down and parked in prepaid parking a half-block from the Fox. Our concert seats were in the center of the first row (Orch A 13-16) and they were perfect  for this performance. Though the theater was sold out, it felt like Sarah  was singing to us alone, and we were oblivious to 1,700 other people. We could see every detail in the beautiful stage lighting from the spit that projected from her mouth as she pursed her lips in song, to the guitar picks she would drop to the floor when she chose to strum with her fingers. I personally discovered Sarah McLachlan's music that night through the eyes of my daughters and found it to be enjoyable and telling of a woman who isn't afraid to reveal her feelings through her music. When the nearly three hour concert came to a close, Jennie, song-writer and musician, could not just walk away without asking for one of Sarah's discarded guitar picks and the playlist which was taped to the stage floor. She received both from one of Sarah's crew, and thanks to my friends and coworkers at The Fox, Sarah received a CD with a few of Jennie's copyrighted songs.
     Afterward, my friend and event co-ordinator/ booking manager, Gretta Bailey took our picture.

     I had the pleasure of introducing Lisa, Heather, and Jennie, to a few of my co-workers, then we left for the Heileson's home to pick up... The children did perfectly well and were happy as they could be without their mother for a few hours.
   In the next few days we would mostly just sit and reminisce while babies napped, fed, and played, but we did also swim briefly at the Athletic Club, go shopping, and I photographed each one, and Jennie me.






I am blessed to have spent this time with three amazing women that just happen to be my daughters.

No comments:

Rejoice! - A New Day