Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Preparing for Vacation is NO vacation!

I  am resting easier now that I am sitting in a Best Western in Dillon, Montana. But trying to get ready to leave was very stressful! There are so many details to take care of before I leave that it seems impossible to get it all done! For example: The work responsibilities - recent concerts have been settled with the promoters, a new event, Robert Kennedy on May 19 has been built, customers calling in were helped with ticket purchases, food prepared for a birthday celebration,  made a special birthday card for Marissa and Liz, attended a farewell for departing staff member, events message phone lines had to be recorded, just to name a few, and this was just in the last three days! Then there were the personal goals! Attended Relief Society Tuesday night, and spent hours considering and editing images to submit to SVCC for digital judging. Ah, finally, saw the truth: Sometimes I don't see clearly because I am too emotionally attached to an image, remembering the good time we had, and not clearly seeing it for what it REALLY is. BAD. Well, not bad, but not my best work. So! A change of plan, and I have submitted my best work-4 images. I am confident they will do well. And if the judge doesn't agree with me, phooey on the judge. Ok, I also had to make sure that my Church calling was taken care of, thanks to Robyn, the Choir is in good hands. Got tickets for Makaela to Saturday's concert, and delivered parking pass to Charlotte, who is going to watch guest artist Natalie MacMaster's baby on Saturday.

"Heather"

So, I got everything done I HAD to do, can rely on Donna to cover me at work, and I can truly enjoy my vacation. So, my new three favorite words this next week are going to be: I'M ON VACATION! And now that I am on vacation, I am going to forget how hard it was to leave.:)

"The Pavilion in Riverfront Park"


No comments:

Rejoice! - A New Day