Pages

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Gas Prices Hiking Up Again

     Gas went up again today, hitting $3.50 a gallon here in Spokane, WA. And diesel is up to almost $4.00. Analysts predict that $3.50 is tops. Oh, really? I doubt it.
     I had a delightful walk in Riverfront Park these last two days. Yesterday I spotted the beaver again (did I mention this before?) and determined to get pictures, I brought my camera along today. No beaver.
     Within a week's time, I will have worked at 5 concerts and will attend 31/2. Last week-end was the Spokane Symphony's Classical concert on Sat. and Sun. (I had to cover for Donna who was ill), Monday was Gonzaga Symphony Orch performing Brahm's Piano Concerto no. 1 with Awadagin Pratt, tomorrow is Michael Ballam singing Broadway Classics, and Saturday night is Celtic Fire with Michael Londra (formerly with Riverdance), the Haran Irish Dancers, and An Dochas, an Irish band.
     Today was the kick-off for the Spokane Symphony's 2011-2012 Season Subscription campaign. Another good season, with some surprises planned along the way. The Nutcracker has changed venues from the INB to Martin Woldson Theater at The Fox and we have a new ballet company.
     I am ready for SPRING! Our temperature reached a balmy 42 degrees today and it felt so good after the single digit lows last week.
     I had a long conversation with Cory tonight over spaghetti at dinnertime. He recently watched a documentary about JFK's assinasion which raised unanswered questions. It made for some good discussion.
     I took the three following pictures  in British Columbia, Canada at Buchart Gardens and reminds me of warm glorious long sunny summer days. I long for more sunshine and warmth. And lower gas prices.


No comments:

Rejoice! - A New Day