Pages

Monday, June 27, 2011

More about March Memories

When we went on vacation in March, we had a WONDERFUL time. Weddings are such grand affairs when family and friends come together to celebrate the marriage of a couple who have decided to spend the rest of their lives together. And this was no exception. It was wonderful to see my sisters Sherie and Kay, and of course my sister Mary, mother of the bride. It was a nice surprise when Mom and Dad left the comfort of their home to be there, in spite of their health challanges. It was so nice to spend time with our kids who live in the area: Eric and Penny, Tess and Coleman, Heather and Keith and Kayla, and Trevor and Karen, Benji, and Brinlee. And how grateful I was to be able to spend a few hours with Hailey and Tyler! I love my family very much and hold dear those memories in my mind. Last but not least, I took the opportunity to go to the Family History Library and research an ancestor, Charles Franklin Babbel. I was hopeful that I would be able to find some additional information and am grateful for Gayle's help and also a German woman who worked there. Unfortunately I was unsuccessful finding any information, but I gained a powerful testimony of how important this research is.
More Pictures

No comments:

Rejoice! - A New Day