Pages

Monday, January 23, 2012

A Happy 2012 Beginning

2012 started off beautifully with an additional day off of work - that allowed us to have the time to go photograph migrating eagles in Wolf Lodge Bay near Couer d' Alene, Idaho. Wed. Jan. 3 was delivery day for my niece, even though she lives as far away as one can live from me in the US, I stay in touch through Facebook as she posts often. When I got home from work the first thing I did was check Facebook and there was a picture of she and the baby. But several hours later a phone call from my sister revealed that she had life-threatening complications and the doctors questioned her survival. Family members and friends prayed fervently for her life. I believe in the power of prayer; know that we have a loving Father in Heaven who cares immensely about us, and blesses us continually. Miracles occurred that night. Maria did live, did deliver a healthy baby. She has a long road to go to full recovery, but she's taking it one step at a time. I am grateful for miracles.


Our daughter, Heather, delivered a baby boy in December and I took the opportunity on Jan. 7 to fly to Utah for a week to give her an extra hand with 2 yr. old K. and baby. As a mother, it's one of those most joyful things I have done, to be there helping with new babies. I enjoyed every minute of it, and I am missing playing with K. and holding E. Here are a few pictures from the week I was there:

       Keith is such a great dad. I am impressed with his involvement in the day to day needs of K and E.


                               E. was very cooperative during is "photo shoot." A peaceful moment.


                                  One very happy family! And good memories for me.

No comments:

Rejoice! - A New Day