Pages

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Day Four: Never Stopping, Ever Searching


"The cultivation of Christlike qualities is a demanding and relentless task-it is not for the seasonal worker or for those who will not stretch themselves, again and again." -Spencer W. Kimball


"Sometimes our search to find the Savior can be complicated. We seek Him for direction and advice, searching through the maze of our everyday life to feel His spirit."

In a few instances in my life, the Savior found me and I have felt a particular feeling that I can only describe as intense joy and a feeling of rejoicing. That feeling came over me when Matthew passed on through the veil and it stayed with me for a long time. I was reflecting on that feeling recently, wishing that I had it every day, but it is not something that I can control. It is as if a big bucket of joy and happiness gets poured into my head and it permeates every fiber of my body and spirit, and I realize that it is no earthly feeling, but is Heaven-sent. This feeling returned to me a week ago while I was preparing for my endowment session in the temple. Oh, what joy!

Last night I was reading my scriptures, and I received an understanding I did not heretofore have:

"And after they had spoken these words the Spirit of the Lord came upon them, and they were filled with joy..." (Mosiah 4:2-3)

I can testify that I know what it feels like to have the Spirit of the Lord come upon you, and it is worth searching for. "Seek and ye shall find, knock and it shall be opened unto you." All I can say, is, all other feelings I have ever had pale in comparison to this. I am filled with gratitude to know from whom this feeling of intense joy and happiness came from.

1 comment:

Jennie said...

Several months ago I received a blessing. There are many things that stick out in my mind from this wonderful blessing but one thing that I remember is the promise that if I put my Heavenly Father first in my life I will experience true joy and happiness that I never thought possible. I know as well....joy is found from our loving Father in Heaven. And he wants us all to have it in all lives ALL the time.

Rejoice! - A New Day