Pages

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Day Five: Who is this Jesus? - Discover

"If one should give me a dish of sand, and tell me there were particles of iron in it, I might look for them with my eyes, and search for them with my clumsy fingers, and be unable to to detect them; but let me take a magnet and sweep through it, and [it would] draw to itself the almost invisible particles, by the mere power of attraction! The unthankful heart, like my finger in the sand, discovers no mercies; but let the thankful heart sweep through the day, and as the magnet finds the iron, so it will find in every hour some heavenly blessings; only the iron in God's sand is gold." (Life Thoughts Gathered from the Extemporaneous Discourses of Henry Ward Beecher, 116)

  • What heavenly blessings can we discover in every hour? I will begin my day today with a thankful heart, and search. I invite you to do the same, and share what "gold" we have found.

No comments:

Rejoice! - A New Day