Pages

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Day Nine: Ancient Keys


"When Christ was on the earth, He held the keys of the priesthood. He promised these keys to Peter, saying, "And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven" (Matt. 16:19. These same keys were given to Joseph Smith by Peter, James, and John and have been conferred on every prophet who has served since that time. These keys allow our prophet to exercise "the same divine priesthood power and authority that was held anciently" (David B. Haight, "The Keys of the Kingdom," Ensign, Nov. 1980, 73).

If we want to know the Savior, we can look to the prophet who holds the keys who will lead us closer to Christ. These last two days we watched General Conference, broadcast from Church headquarters in Salt Lake City from Temple Square. The Holy Ghost bore witness to me that Thomas S. Monson is the Lord's prophet on earth. I am grateful for the guidance that we heard these last two days and look forward to studying the talks that were given more fully and apply their direction in my life.

Today is Palm Sunday. There was much taught about the Savior. I loved Pres. Monson's quote, "The future is as bright as your faith." There is much fear about the global economy, so many people losing their jobs. The world needs to know that Jesus Christ is the source for peace and answers to finding joy and happiness in life. I love his gospel - I am so grateful for my blessings. I love my family so much, my husband, Gayle, and each child, each grandchild are so precious. I miss you so very much.




No comments:

Rejoice! - A New Day