Pages

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Day Twelve: The Gift


in Bryce Canyon National Park

Come and See The Giver of Every Good Gift
Luke 17:11-19 tells the story of the healing of the ten lepers. Of the ten, only one returned, fell down on his face at Jesus' feet, giving Him thanks. For a leper, becoming clean was an impossible dream. There was only one who could make that happen, and that was Jesus Christ. I know that, like the leper, I have turned to Christ when I have needed his outstretched hand. And though I cannot fall down at Jesus feet, I can kneel in prayer and vocally show my respect and grateful heart. What impossible dreams do I have? How about you? There is nothing that the Lord cannot help us to accomplish or to fix, or change. Then which of the lepers will you be like? This week we celebrate Easter, and I reflect on the great incomprehensible gift of Christ's atonement. Because of this, we can overcome physical and spiritual death. Our bodies will be reunited with our spirits (be resurrected) and we can return to our Heavenly Father and Jesus, overcoming spiritual death and live with them in celestial glory. This is within the reach of ALL of us! I am so filled with gratitude to my Savior for this wonderful gift.

No comments:

Rejoice! - A New Day