Pages

Monday, April 27, 2009

Focus!

Last week I felt very good about accomplishing two things that have been on my "To Do" list for a very long time - months for one, years for the other.
Don't laugh now, but I am very proud that I actually went geocaching by myself and found a cache that I could deposit the travel bug that I got from Jeff D. last summer. OK, I wasn't totally by myself. I had my son Trevor on my cell phone who was very excited for me and giving me as much encouragement as a new father in the labor room who's wife is about to "deliver!"
The cache was hidden under rocks near the Spokane River Falls. When I approached, marmots started crawling out of their hiding places in the rocks and stared at me. Good thing I had Trevor on the phone to protect me... Never mind that I lost my balance, fell over backward, dropped my purse and my phone, and screemed...as Trevor is yelling, "What happened?" I am sure the riders in the Gondola overhead were getting more for their money that day in entertainment.
Wow! I hit the jackpot, or the travel bug "hotel" as there were 5 travel bugs in there. OH, I couldn't help myself. I deposited one...and yes, took one. So now, I'm off on another adventure...
Now for the 2nd goal accomplished: We painted our kitchen on Saturday! Yes, Lisa, it's all done! I love love love it! It's cream on three walls, and a nice warm brown on an accent wall. We also picked out new backsplash tile. Our home teacher, who is a contractor, came over Sunday morning and talked to Gayle while I was getting appropriately dressed, and by the time I came out they had decided that we also should get new countertops and a new sink before we put on the tile! Well, it makes sense... I'm kind of sad to see the yellow sink go though...It's sort of grown on me. Anyway, I walk into the kitchen now and say, "Ahhhhhhhhhhhh..."

No comments:

Rejoice! - A New Day