Pages

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Day Seven: "The Author and The Finisher"


I'll bet that you thought that I have given up on reading and writing about the book "21 Days Closer to Christ," by Emily Freeman. I've been very busy. I took last Friday off work, and prepared for Lisa, Dave, and their family to come stay with us for the week-end. They arrived Friday night. We bought our new trampoline on Friday, and that was part of the preparation. Saturday morning, we woke up to sunshine which was a surprise, so took advantage of it, and with jackets and gloves on, jumped on the trampoline and later I pitched a wiffel ball to Dakota and Paige, who took turns trying to slug it. Paige used to play on a team, so she did very well. Dakota had to be helped. It was funny seeing Paige prompt her to bend her knees, stick her rump out, and choke up on the bat. Dakota got the hang of it quickly. Too bad I couldn't take pictures and pitch at the same time!





Sunday morning I went to a special Stake Meeting for all those who usually go to Ward Welfare Meeting. It is a new program from the Church and is all about self-reliance. I was asked to play the organ for the hymns. Following that meeting, attended ward welfare meeting, followed by home teaching visit, followed by an hour and a half preparation for my lesson in Relief Society, which went pretty well. By day's end, I was VERY tired.
Monday night was MOVIE night, with Lisa and the girls. Dave left to go back to Kennewick as he had to work on Monday. We watched TWILIGHT, my second time, and their 7th. Yes, they are ape over Edward and Bella.

So back to the book. I have been reading and studying everyday, not only this book, but reading last year's April Ensign on the Savior. Our 2009 April Ensign arrived last week, but I don't want to read it until I finish reading last year's again.

Paul the Apostle has counseled us, "Let us run with patience the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith." (Heb. 12:1-2)

In the race of life, it is very easy to get off-track by not maintaining balance. For me, the challange and opportunity is to make choices wisely about how I spend my time. There are many distractions in the world that pull at our time and energy. Time is a precious commodity not to be taken for granted. I want to finish the course - this race of life - successfully, and so daily invite Christ to be my "running partner." I am so much better when He magnifies my abilities. I am stronger, faster, smarter, more spiritually aware. One example of this, are the times that I have prayed before retiring about something, and then when I wake up, all these ideas flow into my head about what I have prayed about. It's wonderful. I am humbled. And I pray, "Run with me this day."
See more trampoline pictures online in my picasa web album. http://picasaweb.google.com/nc.crawford/2009_03_28#






No comments:

Rejoice! - A New Day